Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Come ON, global warming!

Under A Very Warm Blanket – (DCF) – Good lord and butter, it’s cold!  And there’s snow all over my yard and my car…  The high today was somewhere around 27 degrees today.  To those of you in Minnesota, this is “balmy.”  To people like myself, this is insane.

For the longest time, I supported those groups who were fighting against global warming.  I thought, “Hey, this can’t be good, if it’s going to melt the polar ice caps and drown everyone on the coasts…”

However, every winter I can’t help but let a tiny, evil part of my mind think, “Good Gawd!  Please just let it happen already!”

I know a lot of you are going to act all offended by this, but, frankly, I don’t care.  I’m freezing my butt off.  Besides, maybe the coasts could do with a brisk bath.  At the very least, it might do something about that weird urine smell coming from New Jersey.  And, on the other coast, at least the odds of seeing another Bruce Willis movie would be greatly reduced.  Maybe even Jim Carrey, too.

Ya know, the more I think about this, the better global warming sounds.  I’m going to go spray aerosol cans outside for a while…

All the best,
Derek
(DCF)      

3 Comments:

Blogger ThatBobbieGirl said...

Hey, if it reduces the risk of Jim Carrey movies, I'm all for it.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

The heck with the polar ice caps! What did they ever do for you?

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think most aerosols are now without the nasty chloroflourocarbons which deplete the ozone layer and all that good stuff.

Might want to go with methane. You don't need a can for that

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home